Bixby's strength over Google Assistant (Alexa is definitely out of the picture here) is the deep integration to the phone settings and features. The one that I use everyday is changing the brightness and enabling/disabling power mode (before/after I sleep). I'm just wondering if Bixby will then leverage that strength and expose some of the APIs to developers to create amazing capsules that are not possible in both Alexa and Assistant!
I'm sure there must be a prioritized list but here are my thoughts:
- SMS - to allow sending SMS
- Camera - to allow so many things in the camera app
- Sensors (fingerprint, iris scanner, accelerometer, gyro, heart rate, etc.) - this alone will leave Alexa/Google in the dust!
- Phone Settings - to create something like Tasker (https://tasker.joaoapps.com/) and do so many automations and helpful for lazy people like me.
- Bluetooth - to control bluetooth enabled devices
- Audio - to allow Bixby to whisper if needed? :)
- Battery - to alert/remind user to charge or show status of the battery if still healthy or not
- USB - to allow controlling or transfering data to a connected USB device
Feel free to add anything else and let's tell the Bixby team to "go back to the gold mine!". Lot's of heavy work for sure!
Please sign in to leave a comment.